Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rest In Peace Old Red








On Wednesday, October 15, Curtis put "Old Red" out of her misery. He was in an accident that was caused by a blown tire, he lost control and crashed into the median railing. "Old Red" wasn't looking good. When I arrived on the scene I could tell Curtis's heart was broken. Thank goodness no other vehicles were involved and no one was seriously injured. Curtis said to the mechanic, "Do you think I'll be able to fix it?" The mechanic replied, "Son, it's been on riding borrowed time." It's been a hard blow to Curtis's ego to let go of his infamous "Old Red," but he's recovering well.
RIP "Old Red"
1996-2008
257,000 miles


2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad Curtis is okay. Sorry to hear about Old Red though. What a great post for what seems to have been a loyal little car!!!

Jason said...

Go in peace "Old Red"...you fat old red peice of...I mean...*ahem*...you were a great car...not quite as good as "Thunder Poop" - Jason's old brown Datsun 210 - but a good car for Curtis none-the-less!