Landon was really sick starting the second week of March. His temperature increased to over 105 degrees. His symptoms were the usual for a cold at first. However, after a week he was rapidly getting worse. I had taken him to the doctor 3 times. When his fever spiked to 104.8 I took him to the ER and when they took his temperature is was 105.6 degrees!! The doctor was very concerned about wheezing in his lungs so he ordered an xray. The xray revealed that Landon had pneumonia. The doctor also told us he had developed gastritis (swelling of intestines) that was causing him to have leaky, oily bowels. Landon was so weak, and pale, and SUPER skinny from his weight loss.
From his high fever he broke out in this rash all over his body. I thought he had chicken pox on top of all the other issues, but the doctor said children react to high fevers just like a heat rash.
This was Landon getting ready for his first ambulance ride. He was scared, but put on a brave face.
This is how he rode the entire 45 minutes to the children's hopsital. Poor guy!
When we arrived at the children's hospital they started another IV treatment and Landon slept for like 3 days. Thank goodness an old family friend, Tesha, was our nurse for the next 4 days. She was so good to Landon. He wasn't scared to do anything she asked him and she always brought him snacks. I know now how awful it is to be the guest at a hospital. The patients get like the works and the guest get the boot! It was the worst 4 nights of sleep for Curtis and I!
No comments:
Post a Comment